Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Alabama - Lester Beall




When I found this picture of the remains of this house, nothing but a doorstep and a few beams, it broke my heart. I immediately knew I wanted to focus on the aspect of making homes for people in Alabama again. I tried to emulate Lester Beall's designs by including diagonal stripes, simple text, a black and white photograph of the issue, and red, white, and blue to connect helping people in Alabama to patriotism. I also put a white triangular shape around my text to symbolize the tornado itself, with the aftermath below. I wanted the poster to be simple and striking, so I opted out of a lot of extra effects and symbols. I wanted the image to speak for itself.

The original image.


http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_124675937593174

No comments:

Post a Comment