Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World

I was super excited when I found out we could use this movie for extra credit. I did watch it again for this, but honestly I could have written this without re-watching, it is one of my favorite movies.

I have not fully read the comics yet, but I love how true the movie stays to them. There is a bonus feature on the dvd that goes through the first few scenes of the movie with a frame-by-frame comparison to frames from the comic book. Many of the shots are directly taken from the comic and have an incredibly unique feel. The text, lines, and other marks worked into the movie also give it the feel of a comic and an old video game, and the narrator and sound effects continue the video game feel. Plus this movie is just FUNNY. The humor is fantastic, filled with awkward sarcasm and geeky pop-culture references (particularly to classic video games) that are right up my alley. Fast visual humor, fun music, and bright colors add to its distinctive style and make this movie a blast to watch, even if I'm not really the biggest Michael Cera fan.





No comments:

Post a Comment